Receiving bodywork treatments or massage can have endless number of benefits for the person. It can prove useful for all the conditions that have been mentioned below:
– Alleviates lower back pain and improves the range of movements
– Makes medication dependence easier
– Assists with easier, shorter labor for pregnant women and shortens their maternity hospital stay
– Stimulating the natural defense system of our body (the lymph flow) and thereby, enhances the body immunity
– Stretches and exercises tight, atrophied, or weak muscles
– Helps athletes in preparing for any level performance and recovers them from strenuous workouts
– Improves the condition of skin which is the largest organ of our body
– Increases joint flexibility
– Lessens anxiety and depression
– Promotes tissue regeneration by reducing stretch marks and scar tissues
– Improves blood circulation by pumping essential nutrients and oxygen into vital organs and tissues
– Reduces cramping and spasms
– Reduces post-surgery swelling and adhesions
– Relieves migraine pain
– Releases endorphins such as amino acids which work as natural painkillers in the body
– Softens and relaxes overused, tired, and injured muscles
Massage as a Strong Ally:
The power and health benefits of massage therapy cannot be denied at any cost. Regardless of the reasons we approach it for such as pain management, stress relief, or simply for a lavish treat, or of the different adjectives assigned to it such as therapeutic, rejuvenating, and pampering, massage therapy proves to be a strong ally in our overall healthcare regimen.
Experts have estimated that almost 90% of our contraction of diseases is related to high levels of stress. And perhaps, high stress level is one of the major factors responsible for our internal, external, and faster ageing tendency. In this concern, massage therapy, without a doubt, not only works towards eliminating pressure and anxiety but also towards helping people in managing their everyday stress. This is done by:
– Enhancing the quality of sleep
– Reducing fatigue
– Increasing blood circulation
– Decreasing anxiety
– Providing more energy
– Improving concentration
Furthermore, clients have often reported a sense of clarity and perspective after they have undergone one massage session. Massage also provides an emotional balance which is just as valuable and vital as the numerous physical benefits derived from it.
Increasing the Benefits by Increasing the Number of Visits:
Massage obviously can do a lot in helping you derive maximum possible health benefits of a bodywork treatment. However, increasing the number of your massage sessions can impressively help you all the more. Such regularly scheduled and followed self-care massage sessions can work wonders on the way you feel, look, and remain healthy with every passing year. Some people feel guilty about spending their hard-earned money in such bodywork treatments. However, budgeting both your money and time for massage at constant intervals can surely prove to be a worthwhile investment in your overall health.
Thus, consider massage sessions as necessary therapeutic appointments rather than mere pampering treats. Consider them an essential part of your wellness plan and health, and work with your therapist to seek a massage plan and treatment schedule that best meets all your requirements.