Aromatherapy for headaches and migraines has been proven to be highly effective in relieving pain and aches in the head and other parts of the body as well. Headaches symptoms are felt when something goes amiss in the body. It can be caused by stress, anxiety, depression, panic, sleep disorders, tooth pain, pinched nerve and even stomach upsets.
It is important to know that in treating headaches, one must also apply treatment to the its source and by applying aromatherapy to other parts of the body greatly helps the blood flow in your head and body and diminishes if not totally get rid of headaches and migraines.
Aromatherapy for headaches and migraines is done in the manner of applying essential oils to the hand and fingers and massage spots on the body. It then spread over the body through a full body massage, the oil penetrates the skin and coupled with the massaging of body and muscle points it soothes the nerves and produces a smooth blood flow producing a therapeutic effect on the body.
Aromatherapy for headaches and migraines also includes using essential oils as mixture for a warm bath. Dropping sandalwood essential oil or lemongrass essential oil to your bathwater produces a therapeutic effect and comfort to the body and get rids of body pains and headaches.
Other methods of applying aromatherapy for headaches and migraines are the following:
– Rubbing essential oil into the palms and then inhaling afterward. Peppermint and Lavender essential oils are great choices.
– Apply essential oils to the base of the neck and through the shoulders, and then rub it gently.
– For Aromatherapy bath: fill the bathtub with hot or warm water, add essential oils and then soak inside the tub for approximately 20-30 minutes.
– Mix 40-55 drops of essential oils to 10 ounces/280 grams of unscented hand soap. Shake well to mix both ingredients then apply to the body.
– Rub 4 drops of essential oils to your comb then use it to brush your hair.
– Rosemary oils and Lavender essential oils when blended together make an effective treatment for stiff neck that causes headache.
– Massage essential oil blend to the forehead, base of the skull and temples in a circular motion using your fingertips.
– Massage shoulders, scalp and face using essential oils.
– Put cold compress with 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil to the forehead.
– Mix Majoram and Lavender essential oils to create an enhanced quieting and soothing effect.
– Lavender essential oils applied to the temples help greatly cure headache.
– 2 drops of lavender oil on the pillow help relaxes and calm your mind.
– Geranium and Chamomile essential oils are known for its effect to ease and calm anxiety and stress that causes headaches.
– By dropping a few drops of marjoram essential oil and inhaling its scent cures sinus headache.
– Using Rose essential oil for facial oil calms the nerves and relieves stress and headache.
Aromatherapy for headaches and migraines is a proven treatment method for getting rid of headaches; it is safe, cheaper and effective than many of the known headache treatment known today.